Pre-Contractual Disclosure Booklet
Don't sign any documentation until you receive all the information that you require to make the right decision. This includes information about your rights, including the right to a cooling off period.
We suggest that it may be wise to have your financial advisor look over all the documentation on your behalf.
Retirement Villages can vary greatly, depending on the location, age of the Village and the range of services or amenities they supply.
Prior to signing a contract to purchase a Lease you will receive the following documentation:
- A list of frequently asked questions regarding Retirement Village life with the answers,
- A statement providing important information about the various costs involved in entering the Village as well as ongoing charges and how they are determined. Also, it is essential that you fully understand costs and fees retained by the Village in the event that you leave and their preferred method of sale and by whom,
- A list of existing and proposed future amenities and services in the Village including upgrades and proposed changes,
- A copy of the rules of the village relating to visitors, parking, use of garden and common areas, parking, gardening and pets,
- A copy of any by-laws of the relevant bodies and a request to inspect any document or record held by any existing strata company involved,
- Financial information about the village, depending on whether it is established or under construction. Purchase 'off the plan' is not uncommon and means that costs and payment structure may vary.
Contact us at Seniors Card Real Estate SA - our consultants are happy to assist you where they can or refer you to a financial advisor, as required.